The Boardroom Snowboard Shop Retail Manager
The Boardroom prides itself on advancing snowboarding and the outdoor space through exceptional customer service, curating a strong product selection from the industry’s top brands and creative merchandising in the retail space. We’re looking for a retail manager who’s great with people, has a passion for snowboarding and will fit well with our crew.
The store manager will step in and directly begin assisting the owner in day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include inventory management (in-store and online), POS entry/upkeep, merchandising, sales, opening/closing the store and enhancing the vibe of the store. Ability to work weekends and holidays a must. This is a year-round position.
Applicant must have:
- 3-5 years of retail experience in the outdoor industry
- Knowledge of point of sale systems, including product entry, category management, and data entry
- Proficiency in mass communications, including social media, content creation, email writing/sending and website CMS
- Experience in retail buying and connecting what’s working in-store to help curate the following season’s buy
- Knowledge of various brand products, including best sellers and competition to what’s in-store
Applicant must be able to:
- Work well with all walks of life. We’re an area shop, meaning we service multiple demographics and experience high traffic — from the weekend warriors to Day 1s to seasoned professionals
- Live in Ellicottville or the surrounding area and have reliable transportation
- Diversify with day-to-day— applicant will be tasked with not only working the sales floor, but also the rental room, cash register and tuning machine
- Think critically — We are a well-oiled machine, but there are situations where applicant will be required to think on their feet and make sound decisions under pressure
- Collaborate with other stores/resorts for events, including consumer demos, on-hill events and cross promotions
- Receive: Receiving products from various carriers, unbox, load into inventory, cross reference packing slips/invoices to ensure shipments are correct
- Ship: Package and send products sold through e-commerce
- Restock: Recognize when stock levels on the sales floor are low and replenish as needed
- Open/Close the store, including holidays and weekends
- Merchandise: utilizing the store’s stockpile of merchandising buildouts to create a clean, symmetric, inviting retail space
- Daily store maintenance, including vacuuming, dusting and various cleaning
- Work cohesively with beagles and on occasion the owner’s young son and nephews
Requirements to Apply: Apply here!
Strong starting salary and benefits with room for growth.